The Planted Tank Forum banner

EHEIM 2217 Deal! $53.42

3K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Cyanider 
#1 · (Edited)
The Eheim 2217 is on sale for $54 bucks from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Figured I'd let everyone know, just in case :)

To add to cart:

- View all buying options
- Click 'Used'
- Should be one seller there.

It's technically 'used' but Amazon Warehouse Deals is basically where Amazon sells their damaged boxes, opened boxes, and returned items. I've had good luck with it for everything I've purchased from there, but others have reported that they've received their items missing a part or two. Even if this filter is missing a part, the amount you save you'll still end up on top.

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-2217371-External-Canister-Gallons/dp/B0002AQXVI/

#5 ·
I have had *very* bad luck with warehouse deals lately, just FYI... items described as "like new" have been completely missing critical components. They used to have a better system in place for describing items, but they changed it about 6 months ago and it just sucks now.

Sometimes the savings just isn't worth it. However I do find myself in need of another good caninster so I just bought one of these... so we'll see when it shows up if it will be an excellent bargain or a headache :p

#6 ·
Yeah, sorry forgot to clarify.. Amazon Warehouse Deals are 'used' items. Typically open or damaged box. Personally, I've had good luck with it for non-aquarium items. Never purchased a filter or anything from there.

I'm giving it a shot to swap out my Fluval 405. Heard good things about Eheims, and at this price it's worth the risk. Worst case, I can sell it on Craigslist :p

#7 ·
Oh I agree at this price it's too good to pass up, and if anything is wrong returning it is really easy (and free).

If all goes according to plan it will replace one of the 306's on my 55 and I'll use the 306 on the 20H I'm setting up.

I've bought lots of things over time as warehouse deals - 99% of the time I think they are just customer returns that someone changed their mind on, but occasionally (or more often than occasionally lately) you get a dud - like the fluval surface skimmer I bought last week that was described as "like new" and was completely missing the plastic skimmer part... and I know it didn't fall out because the packaging was completely taped shut!

#12 · (Edited)
I got mine today and I opened it up to find that it's BRAND NEW! It still had the original strapping tape sealing the box shut (and the two little pieces of tape holding the lid closed) and everything inside was still factory packaged... so it was definitely never used... BUT, it appears to be DOA, I plug it in and nothing happens :(

ETA, the outlet I used is dead, apparently... I tried one on a different wall and it fired right up - sweet! :D

#16 ·
Got mine today as well. Looks to be brand new! All media was still wrapped, and all parts were included. Everything was bubble wrapped and taped up.

I wonder why we all got brand new filters for so cheap?! This was an insane deal, I too wish I bought more!

Anyways, gonna hook this up in conjunction with my Fluval 405 and eventually phase it out. This is so much nicer.

ps: I also got my 405 for $50 from Petco. They're clearing stock on them, so if you see any x05 models, take it to the register and be shocked at the low price! 405 is the largest, and it was only $50. Others are much cheaper.. got a 305 also for $40.

#17 ·
I've never paid full price for any of my bigger filters. I bought one of my two fluval 306's for about $80 last year when petco had that 50% coupon that went viral (and was later kicking myself for not grabbing the 406 instead), the other I got on ebay for about $63, and it shipped to me from... Petco! I feel like what I paid for each was reasonable.. full retail, not so much.

So far I can say that the flow from the 2217 is really impressive, but the priming to get it going leaves a lot to be desired. I also wonder how difficult will it be to clean it out when the time comes? The fluvals are super simple with their trays.. but I forsee a small collection of buckets in my future for the Eheim.

#19 ·
I got mine too and it appeared brand new, however I noticed that one of the plastic retainers that hold the motor head cover was broken when I received it. I didn't think it would affect the operation of the filter. Ran it for a couple of days and this morning I found it sitting in a puddle of water. Looks like I have a leak somewhere under the motor head cover. I'm guessing it's near the outflow.

I hate to go through the hassle of returning it. Going to try to take a peak under the cover this evening and see if I can figure out what the problem is.

This is my first Eheim and I'm already disappointed. I've owned several Rena's and never had a problem with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.