I'm going to attend the convention. Here's more information.
2011 Southwest Area Killifish Event
The 13th annual Southwest Area Killifish Event (SAKE) will be held on Saturday, March 12, 2011.
There will be a focus on both killifishes and livebearers this year. Additionally, we expect an excellent selection of aquatic plants to be available again this year. There is no registration fee to attend SAKE as the event is funded by a gigantic raffle, a silent auction, and a regular auction. To be successful, we rely upon both your contributions of aquarium fishes, aquatic plants, and live foods, and your participation in the raffle and auctions. The raffle will consist of products donated by various aquarium manufacturing and supply companies, as well as local aquarium and pet stores.
For the auctions, while we would hope that you would donate to defray our expenses, we do allow you to sell fish, aquatic plants, live food cultures, and aquarium-related items.
* If you wish to sell items, please obtain approval ahead of time by e-mailing email@example.com
* For either donation or sale items, we would also appreciate it if you complete the auction registration form listing your auction items before you arrive.
* You can find the form at - http://www.aka.org/ark/sake.pdf
* Please write your name and registration number (see below) on the form.
* If possible, before March 12, please e-mail your list to John Kukowski at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please also bring the original form to the SAKE auction registration desk.
GUEST SPEAKERS (see below for speaker biographies) will be:
* John Boylan: "Panama 2009, Old Friends and New Fishes"
* Allen Wood (2011 Chairman of the American Livebearer Association): "A Fishroom for Livebearers or Evolution of a Fishroom"
* Dr. Paul Loiselle: "The Killifishes of Madagascar"
Ramada Plaza Hotel Phoenix at Metro Center
12027 North 28th Drive
Cactus Road/I-17 Exit 209
Phoenix, AZ 85029
Ask for the AZ Rivulin Keepers rate which is $79.
As mentioned earlier, there is no registration fee to attend SAKE. You can register at the door, however, we encourage you to "register" before the event. There may be some incentives offered at the event for those who register early. To register early, on or after January 9, 2011, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
. The e-mail to register must include your name, current hometown, and any current aquarium club affiliation(s). If you are registering a spouse, children, or a friend, please include the same information for each attendee. When your registration has been processed, you will see your name listed below. To be eligible for possible incentives, early registration requests must be sent before 6 p.m. Arizona time on Friday, March 11, 2011.
Please support the companies that enable us to have this event. Several are offering special discounts. Click on this link to see the companies supporting 2011 SAKE: http://ark.naturalaquariums.com/index.php?topic=530.0
11:00 a.m. Set up begins
12 noon Doors open for attendees
12:30 Silent auction begins
1:00 p.m. First program: John Boylan
2:00 - break -
2:30 1st Raffle Drawings
3:00 p.m. 1st General Auction session
3:30 Second program: Dr. Paul Loiselle
4:30 - break -
5:00 p.m. Silent Auction ends!!!
5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Dinner break
5:30 Early Silent Auction distribution to people who have to leave early.
6:30 Distribute remaining items to Silent Auction winners
7:00 p.m. Third program: Allen Wood
8:00 - break -
8:30 Raffle and Auction until completed
If you are unable to attend, but want to ship fish to the Southwest Area Killifish Event, please complete the linked auction registration form (http://www.aka.org/ark/sake.pdf
), include it with your shipment, and e-mail a copy to John Kukowski at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please also advise David Riggs (e-mail: email@example.com
) of your shipment. Send to:
c/o TriVita, Inc.
16100 Greenway Hayden Loop
Suite 950 (Bldg. E)
Scottsdale, AZ 85260