The Planted Tank Forum banner

Hello all from Bozeman mt

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  spiraling 
#1 ·
Moved here two years ago from MN.

I had to take down my reef tank before I moved, but i still have my little planted tank. All my shrimps and Cory's died after the move eventually. But I now have a silly female beta to entertain the tank and two ottos. Its one of those bowed front 2.5 gal tanks, planted high light. It's depressing most of all my plants have withered awAy. I used to have it highly planted. I'm think of setting up a 5 gal with one of those fancy fluvel 5 or 7.5 gal set ups. But I haven't research into
The possibilitys to retrofit higher lighting onto them and add a magical whisper filter. They look deeper than what would be ideal for plants.

I'd plan to move my fishes to the larger tank and cancel smaller one, or have it be a grow out tank for shrimps only or something.
ANYWHO, sorry I talked your eyes off.
Need to mail order plants, unless I can meet some other enthusiast. Il try to get a pic up of my tank.
Laura.

#2 ·
Plants??

I'm up here in Kalispell. There is a nice little fish store here plus petco. Sometimes the little store has plants, but few. As far as petco goes I try to stay away from those stores.
Bozeman has a cool fish store check them out. They may be able to refer you to someone local that has plants. If I get my tanks replanted and growing I will let you know when I trim and try to get them to ya.

#3 ·
Hey lottie - I'm in Bozeman too.
I don't have many plants to share yet. I've neglected my tanks and I'm about to put in an online order. I've bought some ok plants from petsmart, but a lot of their stuff is higher light or harder to grow (for me at least) and fairly expensive. I'd love to meet some other planted tank enthusiasts in the area though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.