The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - HybridHerp's 75 gallon
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 04:56 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru
PTrader: (12/100%)

Not much to currently show or say, but I've been making some small progress so far. I'm starting to hit the BBA pretty hard, started spot dosing H2O2 and I just took out all the rocks and driftwood in this tank so that I can boil and scrub everything tomorrow.

Aside from that, I have come to the conclusion that the endli bichir has to go. Besides making planting this tank incredibly difficult, the fish itself deserves to be in a bigger tank, and even though its my oldest fish (6+ years in my care) it should be elsewhere. I have plans to sell it to a friend with a 275+ gallon hopefully that should be taken care of soon.

Without the big guy in opens the tank up to a lot of stocking options and ideas as far as fish go. But even then, a part of me is wondering if keeping the rainbow cichlids is a good idea as well....I know though that the 6 pearl gourami's and the albino sen are staying with me, they work with plants and they look nice.

I might want some rope fish or a small growing upper jaw bichir to go along with the albino sen, but that's all stuff to think about in the future. I might just focus on getting plants going in here for now.

More updates in the coming days.

My 75 gallon High Tech Tank:
My 10 gallon High Tech Tank:
My 5.5 gallon nano College Dorm Tank:
Mom's Spec V:

Last edited by HybridHerp; 06-12-2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: fixed pic link
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome