Cherry Shrimp or CRS CSS cheap - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
Cherry Shrimp or CRS CSS cheap

Anyone near Birmingham got some shrimp they'd part cheap?
I am wanting to try something new. I have cherry shrimp but they have not been growing very well. I have not had any luck getting new ones. The PetStores here want an arm and leg.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 PM
Invert Addict
Send a message via Skype™ to dougolasjr
I might have some in a few weeks, but they would be out of my tank that has Red Rilis, Blue Green Rilis, and cherry shrimp.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Wannabe Guru
Um... don't want to be 'that guy' but if you can't even take care of Cherries don't bother with CRS, they'll die on you quite quickly.

Another thing is that you should not mix Cherry and CRS, they need different water parameters to thrive.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

The cherries are not dieing just not over populating like I've heard other peoples tanks doing. Not trying to breed and sell just wanna enjoy watching something other than just cherries.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 12:12 AM
Wannabe Guru
take heed in what they say!! Cherries are much, much hardier than CRS (crystal red shrimp). If you have a hard time keeping cherries alive, you better find out why and fix it before spending tons of money on a touchy shrimp as the CRS. They require a very good hand and only after 7 years in trying, I finally started getting a small herd going. Maybe you have something killing them off.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Ok, so after feeling like a person who has no idea what they are doing I found out why my shrimp were not growing like roaches. I had planaria and did research to how to get rid of them. Now my shrimp are moving around like they were before and I actually found a baby shrimp after seeing a berried shrimp last week.

So, just to clarify my knowhow is not so bad.

Thanks all!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode