Alabama Aquarist Census - Page 8 - The Planted Tank Forum
View Poll Results: Where are you in Alabama?
Northwest AL (North of Birmingham) 8 12.70%
Northeast AL (North of Birmingham) 11 17.46%
Midwest AL (South of Birmingham but North of Montgomery) 8 12.70%
Mideast AL (South of Birmingham but North of Montgomery) 16 25.40%
Southwest AL (South of Montgomery) 8 12.70%
Southeast AL (South of Montgomery) 12 19.05%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 06:48 PM

Hello, everyone. Morgan County resident here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 111 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 01:12 AM
Planted Member

Cullman

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
post #108 of 111 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 08:14 PM
Algae Grower

Warrior/Pinson area (NE Jefferson County).
post #109 of 111 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lectraplayer View Post
I hear Aquarium Imports is in behind the Outback in Hoover, but I guess I need somebody there to flag me down. I have looked all over it, and nothing.

It is directly behind the Outback in hoover. However, it is not behind the Outback in hoover. It depends on your perspective. If you are looking from Highway 31 directly at Outback, perpendicular to it, then it is directly behind it. However, that is NOT the "front" of Outback. Outback's store front is NOT facing the highway, it is parallel to it. So, technically, it is "beside" Outback, not "behind" it.

All relative.

If you are coming South on 31, turn right into the Outback parking lot. Literally. Keep driving through the parking lot. Straight. No turns at all. As you exit the back of the parking lot, you will be looking at a strip mall. It has a dance studio in it. Next to the dance studio is Aquarium Imports. And those guys are awesome.

The LFS itself is kinda small, not TOO much kept in stock. We are a small town, not enough customers to keep heavy stock. But the 3 guys who have run the store (and owned it) since the freaking 70's (no joke), absolutely 100% know the hobby and business of fishkeeping. They are a little light on freshwater (plants and fish), and sell themselves as a saltwater outfit. But they will order anything you need, and are happy to work with you.

I have given them hundreds and hundreds of extra plants throughout the years. Definitely try to find them one day.

-- 2.5 Gallon mini bowfront with a field of crypt wendtii, some java fern, java moss, 8 RCS, and several species of snails.
-- 55 Gallon long with Green Rotala, Crypt Wendtii, Red Ludwigia, Blyxa Japonica, Bacopa Carolinia, Banana Plant, Dwarf Sag, and an Amazon Sword. 2 Bolivian rams, 2 German Golden longfin rams, 2 German Blue Longfin Rams, 17 Rummies, 7 Neons, and a lonely Amano.
post #110 of 111 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 09:58 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCamp13 View Post
I keep the road hot between Cullman and Birmingham, will be calling Fultondale home soon.

Nice. I live just to the NE of Fultondale in Morris/Kimberly area.

-- 2.5 Gallon mini bowfront with a field of crypt wendtii, some java fern, java moss, 8 RCS, and several species of snails.
-- 55 Gallon long with Green Rotala, Crypt Wendtii, Red Ludwigia, Blyxa Japonica, Bacopa Carolinia, Banana Plant, Dwarf Sag, and an Amazon Sword. 2 Bolivian rams, 2 German Golden longfin rams, 2 German Blue Longfin Rams, 17 Rummies, 7 Neons, and a lonely Amano.
post #111 of 111 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougolasjr View Post
I'm like 5-10 Mins North of Bham. Work in Bham.
Unless you live in the ghetto, that could only mean Fultondale/Gardendale, or Trussville/Clay/Pinson.

I'm from all of those places. Born in Centerpoint area, raised in Clay, mailing address Pinson.

Now I have a home with mailing address Warrior, but my kids go to Pinson Schools, and Gardendale is technically my closest real "city" to hit.

Tags
alabama, club, group

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode