The Planted Tank Forum banner

Noob need help!!!

738 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MABJ 
#1 ·
Hi all,

First off, I want to say thank you, for letting me join this awesome community. I am a noob at plant tank aquarium, and I am seeking for knowledge and information. I used to run a 120g saltwater tank. I got bored with my reef tank, and end up selling it on craiglist :(. So I going back with freshwater now. Ok, so the chit chat is out the way hehe. Let get down to bussiness. Hehe. And again, thank you.

What I going to setup is 60g cube tank with drilled overflow for a sump. And maybe a 20g sump.

I want to turn the sump into a plant sump. The sump going divided into 3 divider, 1. Water from tank 2. Plant 3. Return.

Ok, so hopefully, everyone got pictures of what I want to do :).

I want to start with dwarf baby tears, for my carpet. They are very beautiful, but I heard they are very hard to keep.

What substrate are best for dwarft tears?
What lightning are best for dwarft tears?

I also heard they need h2o? Do it still need h2o? If it in my sump?

I will just going to start with just this question. I will ask more as I go. Thank you.

Cane,

See less See more
#3 ·
Cane,

All jokes aside, did you mean C02?

H2O is water lol. And to answer your question, If you are manicuring the sump to look pretty, then yes. Co2 probably is necessary. If not, then you might get away with it if you get a proper light over your sump.

Why so many plants in the sump? Why such a big freshwater sump? Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.