The Planted Tank Forum banner

vals turning white and melting

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Iwagumist 
#1 ·
I recently bought a bunch of jungle vals for my 30 gallon jungle aquascape. They almost immediately took off, sending runners all over the place, but some of the leaves of the new plants sprouting from the runners are are turning white/transparent around the edges and melting. I am using osmocote tabs for root ferts, but I'm not sure if any are in the area :confused1:. Could this be from lack of root fertilization? If so could it be fixed by just adding an osmocote tab in the area? Any thoughts, opinions, and experiences are more than welcome :grin2:!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you using excel or metricide (glutaraldehyde) also? If not it could be those osmocote tabs producing toxicity.

#3 ·
I am using Excel, and I have actually been have been using this "One-Two Punch" whole tank algae treatment which uses excel and H2O2. Here it is: The "One-Two Punch" Whole Tank Algae Treatment - The Planted Tank Forum

Bump: Ooh! Just remember what it probably was! I actually used a spot treatment of H2O2 and used quite a bit trying to get cyanobacteria off of the vals...oops. Hopefully they will recover soon if that is the cause!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.