The Planted Tank Forum banner

Will Trithuria sp. 'Blood Vomit' Survive Under Low Light & Flourish Excel?

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  serenityfate 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever grown Trithuria sp. 'Blood Vomit' under low/medium light with/without Flourish Excel? Please kindly share your experience and pictures please.

I've done a cursory Google search and everyone seems to be growing this plant under highlight with pressurized CO2, without shading from overhanging plants.

Also, what is the mature plant's size (height & diameter) if you're not continuously splitting it?

Thank you.

#3 ·
Lighting conditions: Moderate

Growth Length: 3 – 15 cm (length)

Difficulty or care: Medium

Placement in an aquascape: Foreground to background

PH: 6.0 – 7.0

Temperature: 68 – 84 F

Reproduction: Propagation is done by cutting the stem and replanting.

Growth Rate: Medium

#4 ·
Expensive is right. One plant which can be split is 125.00 on aquabid. My wife would have me singing soprano if I bought a 125.00 plant lol. That said it is a gorgeous species.

#5 ·
If you buy it from members here it wouldnt be so expensive , you should look up the user bartohog..
I never grew blood vomit . But from experience with all sorts of different plants .. its all about testing out and trying new methods. I grew plenty of high to medium light plants with low-medium ish light with aquasoil and 1 bps on a 40 gal breeder.. they would grow but not to their fullest potential . And sometimes they might get stunted but still "grow" . All about experimenting :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.