The Planted Tank Forum banner

Buca's Dying

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  roadmaster 
#1 ·
What would cause thriving Buca's to suddenly start dying? The tank is CO2 injected and the light / CO2 is on for 6 hours a day. I had it on for 8 hours but cut back to help with algae issues. Could that be the reason? All other parameters are fine.

#3 ·
Yes, I dose ADA Green Brighty Step 3 and Potassium 4-5 days per week. Buca's are about one year old. Have ferns and Nana Petites and they seem to be doing fine. The Buca's leaves have been accumulating a large amount of algae for the past 4 months. I'm about ready to throw in the towel on the planted tank culture. Seems too labor intensive to enjoy........

#12 ·
Any drastic environment change? Looks like Cryptocoryne melt except it's Buces. Have you done any extreme measures against algae ie, glut, peroxide etc? My aroids tend to act adversely to sudden heavy dosing of these.

#14 ·
I do occasionally dose peroxide to combat blue green algae. I spot treat the affected areas with a syringe. I have ferns and AR mini's that are doing great.

Bump:
What varieties of Bucep are they as well? There has been talk that some struggle to grow in fill aquatic environments, but I can't confirm/deny these observations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure on the variety but they were doing great until recently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.