The Planted Tank Forum banner
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ashraf 
#1 ·
'ello all! I am currently working on setting up a 5 gallon licorice gourami tank. It is low light, very low tds (using rainwater and distilled water), highly acidic, AND has a thick layer of leaves on the bottom (this tank is only a day old and it already looks like watery tea...just as desired :) ). I plan to make a journal of this tank soon, but before then... I need some suggestions on plants to put in this tank. The tank already has java moss and java fern, but would other mosses (aka 'the round pellia I have in large quantities) or bolbitis work? How about crypts? (I've heard many work, but am not sure which ones...). Any other ideas?

#3 ·
Any of the easy sri lankan crypts will work.

Alternatively, if the tank is dark enough, use plastic plants and hope its so dark people won't notice they're fake.

In fact, why stop there? Use fake fish too. Nondescript shadows moving about in dark water have fooled people for years, just like that giant floating styrofoam pad in Loch Ness

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.