"Riccardia graeffei (Mini Pellia)" - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

"Riccardia graeffei (Mini Pellia)"

I have been looking at this at different sites. Most people seem to get frustrated with it and trade it out. Why is this? I was thinking it might be nice. I see it on rocks. Is it small bits and hard to tie down? I don't see many places that sell it in large clumps either? Is this because of price?

75g, pair of gold rams , ABN, 1 adult 2 young discus, 2oto's, 6ADF's, 3 anglefish. 96w 6700k-light 6hrs raised, No C02, Excel, EI dry macro's and micro's, Eheim 2126, 18w UV, 2 Nano 270 powerhead. wall of bubbles for more O2 for such a deep tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 03:22 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalview View Post
I have been looking at this at different sites. Most people seem to get frustrated with it and trade it out. Why is this?
It's because they grow at a very slow rate. Hence explains why the expensive price and not a lot of people have that kind of patience.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 04:02 AM
Wannabe Guru

Yep, extremely slow grower. It took mine 2 months or so to double (or a little more than double) in size. It can also get a bit messy if tied down incorrectly.

I personally like SŁŖwassertang. Grows pretty much at the same rate though >_>
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I like a challenge. Slow is ok I have no CO2, so most things grow slow. Does Mimi Pellia break of easy? so it could start every where. That is why I stopped using Java moss.

75g, pair of gold rams , ABN, 1 adult 2 young discus, 2oto's, 6ADF's, 3 anglefish. 96w 6700k-light 6hrs raised, No C02, Excel, EI dry macro's and micro's, Eheim 2126, 18w UV, 2 Nano 270 powerhead. wall of bubbles for more O2 for such a deep tank.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 PM
Wannabe Guru

I forgot to mention that the tank my mini-pellia is in does have CO2... so yeah, expect an even slower growth.

If you have it tied down properly from the start, it shouldn't get messy. Unless of course, your fauna decides to tear it up, then of course, it'll get messy. But it can and does grow nicely if undisturbed :-)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks! I will try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebichua View Post
I forgot to mention that the tank my mini-pellia is in does have CO2... so yeah, expect an even slower growth.

If you have it tied down properly from the start, it shouldn't get messy. Unless of course, your fauna decides to tear it up, then of course, it'll get messy. But it can and does grow nicely if undisturbed :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode