The Planted Tank Forum banner

Fissidens splachnobryoides??

68K views 62 replies 22 participants last post by  michu 
#1 ·
Hey,

Has anyone heard of this moss? I am thinking about doing the foreground of my 29 gallon tank in it. I just want to know something about it before a spend the money. 29 gallon 108 watts T5 lighting, EI ferts and pressurized CO2. Thanks for your help. Riley

#61 ·
Thanks! Yea I try to figure things out first before bothering others, but I need some guidance here.. I'n new to this like I said and trying not to sink a ton of money in dead plants if I can get the lighting right.. Do you know if a T5 bulb in a 29 gal aquarium would suffice to grow these types of mosses? Any help anyone with experience in the area would be a big help. Thanks!:help:

#62 ·
If You're in to holding Snail races, You might enjoy working with F. splachnobryoides. :)This is easily the slowest growing plant I've ever worked with. It makes Anubias nana petite look like Speed Racer. After several months with pressurized Co2, dosing, heavy weekly water changes, and strong LED lighting My spla. has formed several nice Hunter-green "pillows" to work with on my Mopani Wood.

#63 ·
I dug up this old thread researching the moss before purchasing. The pictures of the moss shown in the ad are gorgeous, lush and long. Claims it will look like those pics "in a few weeks." Thank goodness for you guys or I'd be out some money. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.