The Planted Tank Forum banner
1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  newbieplanter 
#1 ·
Ok I just started a new tank and I made a light canopy all that is is a box with no top/bottom it's the exact size of the tank so it fits kinda tight I wanna say air tight I guess but anyway I got 2 26w 3500k ea on a 15-20 gallon deep tank and it was on today for the first time an now I have mold spores on top the water the only plant I have is Rotala about 5 stems. What did I do wrong and will a 50-100% water change to get rid of it?

#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Interesting acrylic canopy. Isn't there moisture/condensation gathering in the plexiglass? I would think the humidity would short circuit your CFL bulbs?

Are your CFL's rated @ 3500K or 6500K?

Why didn't you peel off the protective film off the acrylic? Once that flim gets wet, it's not going to be easy to remove.

#5 ·
Bulbs rated for 3500k, I just left the plastic film on to block some light but I might just spray it black or white. The plastic film is easy to remove even when wet, paper on other hand it has to be a new piece of acrylic and it won't matter an old piece and your gonna be there for a bit peelin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.