Post Your Rare and Pricey Crypts! - Page 8 - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Planted Tank VIP
Here is a nice big Crypt nurii mother plant that I pulled out last night. Sorry for the terrible lighting...

Sponsored Links
post #107 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Wannabe Guru
I'll post some pics tommorrow but I just acquired a large patch of keei and a uenoi for my terrarium. I've also rescaped my aquarium so from left to right I have usteriana x walkeri, hudoroi, green affinis, undulata, normal nurri, keei, purpurea, red mattalic affinis, ideii and in the middle of the tank is a nice clump of tropica. I can now officially call this a crypt cube.

post #108 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Hcancino View Post
How is this doing?
Just saw your question. That thing is currently hibernating. It completely melted down to a tiny rhizome and has barely made any movement in ages. Chad's Flamingo is doing much better.
post #109 of 115 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Is this the spot?

Have I finally found the A Crypt Hangout? Or, Is there another site where Crypt keepers lurk on a more regular basis?
At present am trying to reestablish a long gone Crypt collection. Currently, I have nothing of a constructive nature to contribute to any thread. I apologize for that.
Currently time is spent getting all this newly available substrate, lighting and other new-fangled stuff down pat and developing a system. For sure, in haste, there will be changes along the way.
As good as the Crypts are, it appears that their keepers are better. The few of you I have interfaced with so far, have been very helpful. Thanks to you who have been kind enough to help with questions, plants, etc.
I do have some good camera equipment. Hopefully I will be able to contribute in some small way with anything I can offer.
Please let me know where I should be hanging out in this forum and what I can do to help the hobby.
Thanks to all in advance, Bill Reichert
post #110 of 115 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 05:17 AM
Algae Grower
There used to be a crypts mailing list but it died and by then forums such as this popped up and it didn't seem worth fixing. These flourished until a couple of years ago when Facebook became ubiquitous, I'm not really sure there's a Crypt group there although there are planted tank groups. There's maybe half a dozen planted tank web fora, most have a crypt section.

Jan's Crypts Pages really are the nexus of all things Crypt. He's our spiritual leader ;-)

Read every page on there and read all the blogs he references in his links section and you'll have a pretty good lay of the land. There's maybe 60 new plants that nobody is really sure what they are - around 2004, 2005, for some reason Cryptmania went crazy and there was a flood of exploration, photos and plant material going around and they still haven't sort out a tiny fraction of is yet.

20 years ago it was a big deal to even see potiderifolia. 15 years ago one guy could grow nurii in a tank, everybody else failed. Things are different now, there's over 100 species of Crypts and 60 more that are either different looking verions of existig species or new species.
post #111 of 115 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
Subscribed! This thread is totally inspiring.

Sincerely, Unikorn

RIP20 gallon tank journal

11.4 gallon rimless shrimp tank
post #112 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Planted Member
Send a message via AIM to xximanoobxx
I have a bunch of rares but don't remember the names. I'm 200 miles away from home so when I get back, I may post a list in here and some pictures.
post #113 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 12:19 AM
Wannabe Guru
wow, and i though Wendtii bronze was cool... Holy cow

"Obviously you're not a golfer."
-The Dude
post #114 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 01:26 AM
Algae Grower
Some time back I used to get a regular email from a fellow in Brooklyn, NY who sold aquatic plants including a wide variety of crypts. Does anyone here know who this person is and if he's still running his list?

Fellow Cryptogeek,
post #115 of 115 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Gordon Richards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode