The Planted Tank Forum banner

Why are my amazon swords shooting up stems like crazy?

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Stacy1 
#1 ·
I think they are flowering but its been a month or two but no flowers. There are over 10 stems shooting out of them.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yep, happy plants. The flowers are tiny, tiny anyhow. They are probably there but you are missing them. If you put the runners back under the hood and in the water, the plantlets will sprout roots.

#6 ·
I bought one that came with a stem like that. It had one little cluster of what looked like flower buds that hadnt popped out yet. After a cpl weeks I had 8 new sword babies from that one little cluster. I left them on the stem until their roots were long enough to plant and they grew great. Be gentle when pulling the new plants away from the stem. Theyll come off without much effort once they're ready. Its been months since I removed the plantlets, but the stem is still there. It doesn't seem to be growing anymore but a cpl of days ago I did see one new baby plant on it. I'm thinking maybe a late bloomer because it doesnt have any new pods that I can tell

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.