The Planted Tank Forum banner

New c02 Setup

607 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  irishspy 
#1 ·
So after fixing the piston on my aquatek mini paintball setup multiple times I've decided it's time to go with a new regulator. This presents an opportunity to upgrade so I figured I'd see what you guys would recommend as to weather I should go with another mini paintball system or upgrade to a 5lb.

What are the advantages?

I am concerned with the 5lb tank being more difficult to fill than the 20 oz. Right now I get them filled at dicks sporting goods for just a few bucks however with a 75 gallon I do feel like I'm refilling every few weeks.

Thanks for your insight on advance.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Another option for easy refills/exchange are gas suppliers like Praxair and Airgas. Call up local suppliers and ask if they exchange 5lb tanks. I walk in with an empty tank and out 5min later with an exchange for $13.

https://beveragelements.com/beverag...ylinders/5-lb-co2-cylinder-steel-recertified/

Don't worry about fancy and new aluminum cylinders if you're doing exchanges. Also be sure you buy a standard size that your supplier of choice exchanges. Getting a 9lb tank for $25 is pointless when your supplier doesn't stock them. At that point you're forced to refill only.

You'll thank yourself later when you're not doing bi-weekly exchanges or worrying about running out.

#6 ·
I have them refill mine since my tank is in a semi noticeable area i like have a nice shiny tank. If it is going under a cabinet, then yeah, i wouldn't care to just swap it out. I just go to a local mom and pop welding supply store. 10$ to fill up my 5lb.

#7 ·
You'll save money long-run I bet with a 5 lbs. tank. And I envy you: my local Dick's stopped doing paintball refills, and now I've nowhere (that I can find) in my local area to refill my 24 oz. bottles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.