Ludwigia repens deficiency

4K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Zapins 
#1 ·
Gonna have to do this the hard way since I really only 'eye-ball' my parameters
10gal
temp idk
24" coral life dual t5 NO one daylight on plant grow bulb
pressurized co2 cracking through a circulating pump microbubles everywhere
ferts....uhhh EI? I kind of just throw ferts in when i feel like it. I have all of them but don't have a regular dosing method. I was going with the as needed basis.

Bump: my H. polysperma seems to have the same issue.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Ah, okay. So I don't have CSM+B. I've been dosing millers microplex and if I'm not mistaken it has iron and I did not find that out until recently. Whereas before I found out I was dosing millers microplex and GLA's iron chelate simultaneously. Could I work with the ferts I have or should I buy CSM+B? I'm having a hard time dry dosing the micros and/or converting them to liquids. I've read the dosing stickies but just cannot correlate the ferts I have with the required dosing regimen. I'm going to continue to search dosing the ferts I have. I appreciate your help :thumbsup:

Attachments

#7 ·
To OP, use a dosing calculator like rotalabutterfly.com and put in the fertilisers you have and calculate them for EI (or whichever one you want). It will give you values for dry dosing and making stock solutions. Dry dosing will be hard for you because the tank is so small. Dose the calculated levels 3x a week. Do this for both your macro nutrients (NPK) and your micros, and deficiencies should no longer be a worry. Dose the micros and macros on alternative days and have one rest day.
You can use the Microplex it should be fine.

The Glossostigma looks pretty shaded. That may be your problem, although you may want to open a new thread if you need help with that, giving us all the specifications of the tank too. Don't wanna hijack this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Yes rotala is a good calculator site. You can use either one of those iron sources. Just calculate it so you add 0.2 ppm three times a week for a total of 0.6 ppm a week. The trick with iron dosing is that it is regular. It isn't like the other nutrients which don't decay over time. Iron will degrade in 1-3 days usually which is why it needs to be dosed regularly or plants become deficient.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.