The Planted Tank Forum banner

Staurogyne repens struggling

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Willcooper 
#1 ·
I planted Staurogyne repens in my tank about a month ago and at first they did very well, lots of new growth and sending off shoots. After a while they seemed to stagnate, however. Yesterday morning, i noticed the leaves had started to whiten, and a large hole appeared in at least one leaf. I have them planted in Fluval plant and shrimp stratum, which should be providing them with nutrients. I also minimally dose nilocg's all-in-one Thrive fertilizer once a week just to add some nutrients to the water column for anubias and moss planted on the wood. I also had stopped Excel because I was losing shrimp and wasn't sure what was to blame, I have since restarted the Excel.

Would root tabs be necessary in what is essentially a soil substrate? Is that hole maybe from pond snail chewing? It's a pretty big hole.

See less See more
#5 ·
When I planted my carpet of s repens the growth from the previous owner all started dying and looked terrible as the plant adjusted and then new growth started which looks great. Is the white only on the older growth? If so, it may just be that old growth dying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.