The Planted Tank Forum banner

Cabomba

557 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Vohlk 
#1 ·
I collected some of this "invasive species" just over a week ago from the wild and it's seems to be doing great I actually put it in two tanks I took all of my rooted plants in one tank and the clippings in another hoping they would root however I've never done this before I figured it may work shouldn't it?? Also I'm just wondering can I cut the tops off of my plants and put them back in the gravel once they reach the waters surface and start to poke out I have more ground space to cover I just don't want hurt my original plants/clipping??

#2 ·
Yes you can replant clippings what you have is likely milfoil (euro... something i can't remember this stuff). Please be careful though seeing as it is an invasive species if you decide to get rid of clippings once your plant is larger bury them in your yard or incinerate them do not through them in the trash or flush them down the toilet.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.