The Planted Tank Forum banner

Something's really wrong here........

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Edward 
#1 ·
Obviously this plant is doing fine with new growth after a month of so of proper dosing PPM, but the lower leaves look pathetic to be nice. I would say anemic, but since the new growth looks good, I think iron is not the issue. Purchased as Ludwigia peruensis Diamond.

Just cannot break over .5ppm Phosphate. Nitrate 10ppm. CO2 calculated at 20ppm or so at 3bps. I began to dose K every few days with leftover Seachem at 10ml for a 90g with 20g sump, which is 2/3 of Seachem's recommendation, but stopped as I do not think potassium. I am thinking nitrate or phosphate? Dose excel at 15ml when the BBA starts to reappear.

Prior to PPS, I did put a few Flourish tabs in and around the area prior to planting. pH 6.2-6.6. gH 4 kH 2. Substrate mostly ecocomplete at that side of the tank.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi
From the picture, the lower leaves are noticeably smaller than the top leaves. This indicates changes to the water parameters. I would replant the tops and kept environment more stable.

Also, dosing extra K is going to make the situation worse. There is plenty of K from the original fertilizer and form the RO Essential Minerals.

The CO2 calculation will not work since you are using pH buffers. I think a drop checker could help here especially when you have a sump. There could be unexpected CO2 loses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.