The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Is my EI dosing method effective/working?
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Jafooli View Post
How do I find 1/16, are there measuring spoons for this? and I would rather dose liquid if possible, so can I just follow and make my own macro?... I will be mixing all these three together into a 500ml solution.
Yes, there are small measuring spoons. They are sometimes called "dash, pinch and smidgen" measuring spoons.

Potassium Phosphate
Magnesium Sulphate
Potassium sulfate

That shouldn't cause no (sic) complications?
This will be fine.

I will stick with my chelated trace for now I think, and maybe if aquariumfertilizer ship to uk I will purchase some CSM + B and then add the Magnesium to the trace mix if in your opinion that would work better?
I would just keep the magnesium (sulfate) separate from the trace mix altogether. Just keep it with your macronutrients.

and I'm thinking maybe I should just stop the CO2 but then the plants won't use the ferts?
This could worsen your problems: fluctuating CO2 levels can often lead to additional algal problems.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome