The Planted Tank Forum banner

Few shots of my Blue Diamonds...

5K views 67 replies 28 participants last post by  speedie408 
#1 ·
Arrived yesterday, check my thread in the signature line if you wanna check out the tank and build...

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah...it does. Speedie did say that colors ranged from blue to really dark blue to black and even dark brown. So I'll let it ride a bit and see what happens. Maybe if she gets knocked up she'll throw more blues. If so, I'll start culling the browns and then I'll culls blues from the cull tank as they appear and put them back in the blue tank...lol

#8 ·
That's awfully negative, dude.

FYI: I got my 6 Blue Diamonds from Speedie today, and every one is as blue as can be. Just like they were advertised. I'll take pictures soon.

#10 ·
Funny...I think my one female is the same shot by speedie and posted in his FS thread...

Mine...

His...

Ok...maybe not after seeing them side by side...pretty close though.

Nahhh, once they have the curved belly they tend to hold it regardless of being berried or not as it expands for the next clutch. Just my opinion though:)

#17 ·
Not trying to talk smack by any means, think they are very nice looking shrimp, just an honest question. If they breed "true" how did there end up chocolate looking ones in the first place. In my head a blue shrimp that breeds true would only produce blue shrimp. Again not trying to be negative just trying to figure it out.

#20 · (Edited)
You're right. If they occasionally throw a chocolate, then they do not breed 100% true. Sort of like how orange eye blue tigers throw some blondes. I think the chocolates are attractive too, and I like blonde OEBT as well.

#27 · (Edited)
Haha Nubster, hope you don't mind if I also share some shots here. You could make it the official I just received blue diamond shrimp thread :p.

I'll just say: these are most certainty worth it. All mine came in and they're much more attractive than other blue shrimp I've seen.

I picked up 6, and each is almost black.

The males are a bit similar to OBETS.

These are in my Almost-ADA link in my sig.

View attachment 128217

View attachment 128225

View attachment 128233

View attachment 128241

View attachment 128249

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.