The Planted Tank Forum banner

Mr Aqua 2.5 Blue Velvet/Tangerine Tiger tank

9K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  blue1delta 
#1 · (Edited)
#10 ·
Cool tanks!

Here's a pic of another one of my females. I can't really get a good pic of the babies...I have only seen one at a time, but the color has been different so I know there are at least two!:thumbsup:

Attachments

#11 ·
had to change the light because my grow bulb burnt out my walmart desk lamp.

I have seen at least 4 shrimplets and I have 3 berried females now!

I also added a zebra nerite

Attachments

#12 ·
Here's a pic of one of the first batch of babies. Second set of shrimplets were born last night!

Attachments

#16 ·
Photos

sorry I only have iphone camera so the pics aren't great, but you can see whats going on.

Attachments

#19 ·
IDK haven't checked. I know..... the horror!

I ordered a GH/KH test kit so maybe next week I can tell you.

No water changes only top offs and I use purigen in the HOB that really seems to help the water stay clean.

#24 ·
Your gh should is good, but I do think your kh is a smidge high. However, ive read that once they have acclimated to your water conditions, they will pretty much thrive. :icon_smil
KH was my concern after getting readings from both tanks. How do you lower KH?

#27 ·
Still going. I usually see six or seven TTs grazing and one or two BVs out. I have a couple of pieces of cholla wood covered with drift wood and moss and they hide there a lot. I see molts and have not seen any deaths. The older BV female had a ton of eggs but dropped them within a day. None of the TT's seem large enough to see saddles. In this tank the shrimp do not mob the food like in my 17 g. There is a lot of algae in this tank that they seem to prefer so I'm going to hold off on feeding a couple days and then feed less frequently.

I made a video of my other tank at feeding time check it out! the link is in my signature for the 17.4 Mr. Aqua

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.