The Planted Tank Forum banner

Too much for 20L?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Farmer 
#1 ·
Do you guys think this piece is too much for my 20L? I think it looks good but it covers quite a bit of the tank. Also it comes in contact with the glass, would that cause any issues later on?

See less See more
#4 ·
There shouldn't be any issues with the size due the size. However it can get very annoying when you are trying to do anything inside the tank as the twigs get in the way, especially when using a net to catch something. I had that problem in my tank and ended up just removing the wood.

Also that wood doesn't look very dry, so make sure you wash and boil it.

#7 ·
Thanks guys, I feel better now. Though I hadn't thought about trying to net a fish...that could prove interesting.

If you have any lakes that are still frozen near you, you should go check out the banks. With the lakes still being frozen here and the shore exposed I was able to find some great stuff; including the whole shrub that branch came from. Now I've got a whole stump to put in my 90g when I start it. :thumbsup:

#8 ·
I think it really depends the look you are going for. It isn't too big in my book. If you don't want it to touch the glass just break it a little on the ends.

I have wood in my tank and I found it difficult to plant. I ended up removing the wood to plant some things. But without the wood it wouldn't look as good. So it really comes down to what you want and what you value in your tank. There are more ways than one to net a fish. Do it in the dark and move the fish to the net I find works pretty well. Depends on the fish though.

Personally I have a tank for the look and not the ease of catching or planting things.

Linds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.