Planted Tank Guru
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Romney, West Virginia
Mr. Aqua 11.4g Blue Diamond tank/Riparium now with Super Tigers
I started a thread
not long ago where I was going to do a Mr. Aqua 12" cube Buddha tank. That's been placed on hold. After speedie408 unleashed his awesome Blue Diamond shrimp on us, I jumped at the chance to be one of the first to obtain these beautiful shrimp. In doing so, I decided that the 12" cube tank just wasn't enough real estate and I wanted to go with a more natural scape. So, I decided to stay frameless and being very happy with the first Mr. Aqua tank, I grabbed another. This time an 11.4g, 18.9" X 11.8" X 11.8" tank.
Plans for this tank include a large rock mound, maybe two filled with Eco-Complete and covered in moss/fissidens. There will be some other low light plants such as a handful of crypts I have on hand and some Hydrocotyle Japan hopefully to form a foreground carpet of sorts. I'll also be heavily planting my HOB filter and possibly going full riparium with the tank.
So here's the break down:
- Tank - Mr. Aqua 11.4g, 18.9" X 11.8" X 11.8"
- Filter - AquaClear 50 HOB
- Light - Finnex FugeRay-R Ultra Slim LED Fixture +RED boost, will probably upgrade to afugeRAY soon for more medium light
- Locally collect rock and/or lava rock mounds
- Blue Diamond neos
- Possibly Super Tigers if the water parameters cooperate
- Fissidens fontanus
- Aluminum plant
- Wandering Jew
- Pilea cadierei
- Fittonia argyroneura
- Ludwigia Hybrid Red
- Hydrocotyle Japan
- UG - included in plant package I just grabbed from FS section, doubt I'll have the lights to make it work though. Might try to incorporate it into the planted HOB.
So that's where I'm at right now.
Camera Pimp member #1
Last edited by Nubster; 05-09-2013 at 08:35 PM.