The Planted Tank Forum banner

My 12 gallon tibee tank! A journal of sorts...new pics 11/6/13!

13K views 73 replies 21 participants last post by  hellfish01 
#1 · (Edited)
Wish I could take credit for these but I can't. Picked these up from msjinkzd and got them in a week ago today. A couple of my favs aren't pictured because they were hiding on the sponge filter and I couldn't get a decent shot. They have vibrant white stripes...hopefully I can get pics this weekend to add to the thread. But here are a couple of males and couple of females. One of these females is a bright teal...and there is a matching male in there as well though he didn't get photographed. The other berried female is a dark royal blue...I had hoped they'd get side by side for a shot but it didn't happen. Anywho, I'm so excited about these I can't stand it. They are as blue as my OEBTs. These are crosses between Super Tigers and Wild Bees. They are housed with CRS, CBS, and OEBTs for now. Will be adding Goldens, TT and mischlings in the next couple of months, possibly more:) I hope to have a fun breeding project going! Thanks for letting me share:)

Attachments

See less See more
#68 ·
New arrivals in the tank from Tanner!

This pic is way blown out but this dude is wicked neat. Again, this is a tibee, not a low grade CBS;)

And this guy has been in there a long while. I believe he is a Tangerine Tiger hybrid but he is one of my favs. His head is green, body is orange-ish colored, and the white pattern is gorgeous. I have two similarly marked but this guy is the neatest.

My babies from January are finally becoming adults, several are saddling up. I'm hoping to start doing some heavy culling probably around the first week of December. Will have a slew of mischlings to move over at some point and want most of the CRS out of there before I do that. Time to get serious!

#69 ·
Woah... You've got a lot of variation in there!
So if I'm correct, a 'Tibee' is a dark blush-greyish shrimp, probably with stripes, that is basically a mutt and has lots of genetic potential.
I think I have a couple of those, although they aren't quite as dark... I got 'em from somebody who accidentally mixed red and yellow neos.

#70 ·
Tibees are tiger X bee shrimp. Neos are a different shrimp entirely. The first few generations may be plain, some may not. The crosses are almost infinite as tiger shrimp can include regular tiger, super tiger, black tiger, OEBT, BTBE, red tiger and more I probably can't think of and bee shrimp can be bumblebee, CRS, CBS, Goldens and any Taiwan Bees (though the trend now is to call Taiwan bee/tibee crosses Tai-tibees). And then the pattern and colors can vary depending on male/female (male OEBT X CRS female may have slightly different looking results than CRS male X OEBT female). This is why most people don't fool with them, you would have to have unlimited tanks almost to see what all you can get.

What you have are wild variation NEOs, that's what happens when you mix colors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.