The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Modified BiOrb Life 60 Low tech
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Algae Grower
Originally Posted by pizzytinzel View Post
Wow Matt, your tank looks awesome; definitely some food for thought there. I'm glad you pointed out the limitations of a small opening when it comes to aquascaping - I'm sure i'd have completely forgotten when it comes to choosing my rocks! I see what you mean in the corners now - you basically make it look like there are no corners, so the eye thinks it's looking at a section of a larger 'scape...And with the sloping front to back, are you talking say 3 inches at the front, to 6 inches at the back, or more extreme than that?

I'm still confused over what filter to get. There seems to be some debate over flow rates. I estimated 400-500 L/hr but I see lots of similar sized tanks with Eheim 2215's or even 2217's.

I guess, if I go 600 l/hr that's going to be about right? I was thinking about the Tetratec EX 600, which I can get from Germany for a really good price, with free delivery. There are sometimes benefits to being in the EU!
HI pizzytinzel.. Cheers! About the sloping... yeah 6inches at the back and about 3 inches at the front should be about right... With the filter, I went with the classic 2215 because I wanted a very good filter with good output, but not too much turbulence in the water as I want my plants to grow straight up. Its also small and compact, it can be well hidden behind books in my bookshelf.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome