The Planted Tank Forum banner

Flourite black online?

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  anastasisariel 
#1 ·
Someone please tell me where is the best online site to purchase Flourite Black? And by best, I mean the cheapest. :laugh2:

I love this substrate (have been using it for years) but I'm sick of buying it locally and paying way too much for it.

#2 ·
I bought 2 bags from amazon. I think it was 16.99 a bag....

#7 ·
I lied- I thought I bought a couple bags of black. turns out I bought a regular bag and a bag of "dark". after I am done mineralizing my soil I am going to do some mix ratio and cap with black diamond blasting sand.

#9 ·
If your a Prime member, Amazon is a no brainer. Otherwise, Dr. Fosters. I look at Amazon first but if they don't have it, I go Dr. Foster for they typically carry all the Flourite substrates. If I am not mistaking, a good lfs can order you some. Just be cautious if they charge you for shipping. Most of them probably won't charge if you get it shipped to their store and you just pick it up.

#10 ·
If you have amazon prime, definitely buy from them. I got my 80lbs of eco complete in 4 days, because it had to be ground shipped, for free. Amazon has the best prices of the places i have looked.

#11 ·
Its a shame prime can't be used for live fish but yeah prime is amazing. 2 day shipping on substrate rocks.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.