Some of my notes
1) Clear pour - can safely pour directly into the tank without rinsing.
2) Much easier to root than eco-complete or fluval (push plant in, done - fluval and ecocomplete has a bit of wiggling and holding down needed
3) Growth on the activ flora is much more pronounced than that of the ecocomplete/fluval
4) Activflora is much smaller and may not play that nicely with undergravel filters, however because it is smaller, it much easier to "pack" and maneuver.
5) Waste tends to stay at the top of the substrate, not much in the way of waste drift.
6) Much darker, and stays darker. Eco complete tends to brown/grey out over time