Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Ok, here's what I got.... I'll paraphase to save you from "Taiwanese English"...
- comes in a 5.4kg (12lb) bag for a 40l (10gal) tank
- looks like reddsh, clay-colored 2-3mm (small gravel) size fish food pellets
- not meant to be rinsed (hmmm. like Flourite?)
- not meant to be mixed with gravel or other substrates
- supposed to contain enough nutrients so no supplementation needed (can't remember if that meant undergravel or water column or both....)
- may have buffering effect on water, ie. increase pH, which can be compensated by increasing CO2
- should last for 15 months before being replaced
Saw a nicely planted display tank at a brick-and-mortar Big Al's that looked like it had this "Plant Growth Bed" (as it states on the label). Interesting, but not sure if I'd be into tearing down a tank to replant after 15 months.