Question about ADA Aquasoil/Amazonia... - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Oopsie doosies.
Question about ADA Aquasoil/Amazonia...

I am getting more of this expensive magic dirt. Picking some up locally tomorrow morning.

How do I put in in the tank and fill the tank without blackening the water? I ran water through it before, and it blackened the water. How do I prevent this? Will appreciate a quick answer.

Thank you so much fellas!!

No matter how hard you try, you cannot escape this hobby. You have been warned.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Wannabe Guru
Throw a grocery bag or some newspaper over your soil/scape. Fill the tank very slowly with an airline tubing. Take the bag or newspaper out. Disturbing the soil will make the tank cloudy.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Planted Member
I got the bag it came in, a cup,and a siphon. I had water in a bucket and I siphoned the water to the tank into the cup, which was on top of the bag, which was on top of the substrate. It might of been a bit overkill, but my water was clear in probably 30 minutes...
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Planted Tank Guru
Do NOT rinse it...

You can put it in a cup first, fill the cup with tank water so some of the substrate doesn't float when you pour it in (unless you don't mind it landing elsewhere in your tank). It shouldn't cloud your water much if you have ample flow.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Algae Grower
What we usually do is cover as much of the soil as possible with plastic bags and pour water into a bowl or a plate.

You can also poke small holes into a plastic bag, stick a hose into the bag and let the water seep through the holes. That shouldn't cause too much agitation on the soil either.

Good luck!

^^ Click above to visit Aqua Design Innovations, Follow our Twitter, and Like our FB Page ^^

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode