I'm not really sure why they messed with a good thing and made II.
I'd be pissed too.
I'm saying that the solution is to stick with type I.
I'm not sure about the new stuff, it's untested, I cannot say(no one can at this point), I fully believe and have no reason to doubt folks experiences with type II. I think the likelihood of a conspiracy there is nil.
Trying new stuff is good and teaches folks, but sometimes........I'd want $$ back and replacement of product myself. That seems fair. Something, toss me a bone, free shipping on type I, anything.
But to say, "ah, tough.............we sorry, but we are not going to do anything for you....." at the end of the day, that would chaff my hide.
I know.......had this done with other things in the hobby.
I did not let it go either, I'm an elephant there.
You might be right about Amazonia I verses II. In fact, I'm sure your are.
Yes, had I know this when I made the purchase, I would have gone with the Amazonia I. However, after a bad experience, I just can't bring myself to replace one product by another similar one from the same vendor.
You may or may not have noticed, but I have never said that I expect the vendor to replace the product, or make any kind of adjustment. I do not believe that anyone set out to make an inferior product. A also do not think I was ever dealt with in bad faith.
It's like anything else, if your going to get better at something you have to try new ways of doing things. Sometimes things just don't work out. I'm more interested in finding out if others had the problem, and what they did about it. Like they say, if you never take a step, you'll never stub your toe, but then you never get anywhere.
As things in the hobby go, I have a lot of work to do, and yes, it's a pain, but overall, I'm not too bad off. I've had no loss of livestock that can be attributed to the problem, and the plants have grown well. True, I'm out the cost of the substrata replacement, but that's about all.
Things could have been a lot worse.