The Planted Tank Forum banner

Quick ADA Question

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Botia dude 
#1 ·
What is the typical consistency of ada? I ordered 8 bags of normal type Amazonia and after leaching the ammonia I'm left with a clumpy mud like paste. I didn't rinse it. I filled a 75 gallon tank with old aquarium water, very slowly so I didn't disturb the soil too much. Is this what it's supposed to do?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That is not a typical consistency for ADA Aquasoil. It should have held its shape and not look muddy at all.. No bueno

You say you didn't rinse it, how exactly did you leach the ammonia? Is there any way to siphon the mud of the top or is it mush all the way through ?

Contact the supplier ASAP, 8 bags of ADA isn't cheap and it should hold its shape for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Sorry for not replying sooner, I contacted the seller, Aqua Forest Aquarium in San Francisco, and they sent me eight more bags. They were pretty sure is was simply a defective batch! I put in the new substrate a few days ago and it is holding together quite well. They original eight bags couldn't be saved, after a week of gentle rinsing it just continued to deteriorate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.