The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Okay to eat moss?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-21-2013, 06:21 AM
Couesfanatic
Planted Tank Guru
 
Couesfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyzzaRyzz View Post
Wait, what internal parasites?

Please elaborate!
Roundworms are very common in freshwater tanks. I killed a liver fluke in my tank a few months back. Intestinal parasite are common in pond water. Our tanks are obviously cleaner, but many parasites have an aquatic stage in their life cycle. I wouldn't let the dog eat the moss. It's risky.

40 Breeder in progress...
Couesfanatic is online now  
 
 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome