my DIY CO2 reactor/diffuser for HOB filter NEW VERSION
I've previously posted my design of CO2 reactor/diffuser which inserts into outlet of HOB filter.
my DIY CO2 reactor/diffuser for HOB filter
Since then I made new improved version of reactor.
1. Reactor is much taller and water outlet is horizontal and turned sideways so water circulates across the whole aquarium.
2. CO2 inlet port is at the bottom so you can see bubbles coming up.
3. It incorporates BIO ball. (If CO2 bubble gets big enough, bio ball should rise and starts dissolving it (this didn't happen so far))
4. All action is under water level of aquarium and you can clearly see what is going on.
5. Top portion of reactor is much narrower and lets aquarium lid to close.
while bottom part (which is under water) is big enough for BIO ball to fit.
please see pictures and short video.
Last edited by Sar315; 03-31-2013 at 09:41 PM.
Reason: New good video displaying rector and all process in details uploaded