The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Cheap and efficient filter solution
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Planted Tank Guru
Originally Posted by Wasserpest
That's great Hoppy! You should hear if the CO2 thing works by the faint noise of bubbles being smashed to mist in the impeller. I like the audible feedback... Once or twice the silence was an indicator that something didn't work right in my tanks (Plus if there is some serious overdosing I would hear that too!).

Did you route the CO2 line through the sponge? I avoided that because of maintenance concerns, didn't want to have to take the whole apparatus out of the water you clean the sponge.

How does the MaxiJet work when turned on its head? I had a MaxiJet 600 (I think it was a 600) a while ago and I returned it because it vibrated and was very loud. Might have just been the one I got.
Somehow I neglected to answer this comment. So, better late than never.
My maxijet works great upside down, no noise difference from rightside up. I, too, use the bubble chopping noise to regulate my CO2, and right now I have the bubble rate so high the chopping is almost continuous, but the mist effect is awesome - major pearling for most of the day. The Maxijet has no other way that I could find to introduce the CO2, so I do pass it thru the sponge - down thru the top, where I plugged the hole in the center of the sponge with a piece of sponge. To clean it I just pull off the sponge, with the CO2 line and the sponge support grid. Then I pull out the CO2 line and rinse the sponge, squeezing it a few time to get more of the mulm out. Reinstalling it wasn't a problem. Lately, my cherry shrimp have presented me with many additions to their family, so the sponge tends to be the dining table for them. This has been a great idea for me, and I really appreciate how well you sold it to me!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome