The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - callisto9's 20G high planted tank - low tech
View Single Post
post #71 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member
Originally Posted by bluestems View Post

Woah... sorry that was so long! But, I hope it's somewhat helpful. Let me know if you want the book and I'll get it out to you.
You've been EXTREMELY helpful Sherry. I appreciate all the advice, time and effort you've put into helping me.

I *do* want low tech, low light... low maintenance. I never got into this for it to be complex or time-consuming. I wanted a simple tank, some plants and some fish. As it stands now, I've invested over $600 and I have a tank filled with crud, plants that don't thrive/survive and more conflicting information than I know what to do with. It is *the* source of my frustration.

While I love the look of the high-tech tanks, I don't want to put that kind of effort in.

My plans for right now? I'm just going to read and listen for the next few days. I have $50 of nutrients I bought that are still sitting on my kitchen table that I'm not wanting to deal with. It's just... too complex.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome