The Planted Tank Forum banner

ADA tanks vs Mr Aqua

11K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  CPDzeke 
#1 ·
So I'm looking at starting up a new aquarium, but so many choices! I do already know I'm not going with an acrylic kit such as Evolve, Spec, etc. So mainly looking at ADA and Mr Aqua. I noticed on the ADG shop that there are two different Mini Ms, one with clearer glass, but it costs twice as much! :eek:Is there really a difference? Can someone please post pics if possible? If there isn't that big a difference I'm also looking at the old Mini L. Do I need the glass cover if I'm using Finnex LEDs? (Trying to keep this within reasonable limits...)

One problem with the ADA tanks is that I can't find lighting to fit them properly. Finnex has an 18" Ray 2, but it has bad LEDs and no light on the sides. Could I get away with putting a larger light (20") on it, or would it look cheap? I was considering Mr Aqua's 7.5 gallon but I can't find retail stores for the non cube or bow front versions.:thumbsdow

Suggestions please... Here's some other random info:
Substrate: CaribSea Floramax
Filter: Aquaclear 20
Heater: Jager 50W
No CO2 (for now):sleep:
I want take some DHG and HC from my other tanks

Thanks

See less See more
#43 ·
I just got a ADA 45-P which is similar to the mini L and it was $130 shipped. I'm still deciding on a light. The Ray2, Fugeray, or the Archaea LEDs. I had an Archaea compact and it sucked! The Jebo grew better plants than it :). So that makes a little uneasy about the brand

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.