Milwaukee MA 957 CO2 Regulator Instuctions - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed
Originally Posted by FatherLandDescendant View Post
Some diffusers need a minimum pressure to operate, so yes working pressure (right hand gauge) can matter in certain applications. If you close the needle valve just until it stops (DO NOT tighten it after it stops), turn on the tank, then turn the center knob until the right hand gauge gets to the operating pressure you want, then open the needle valve to the bubble count you want, you'll be set.

If you follow their directions you'll be forever trying to get the regulator set to a stable pressure and bubble count. Following their directions, when the solenoid closes the pressure in the regulator will go up, when it opens it'll dump a CO2 charge then taper off. This can be a problem for those who run controllers, we (I do at lest) who run controllers often run them right on the verge of gassing our fish, that sudden dump can succeed in doing just that.
Oh, so having the needle valve closed first instead will help prevent that sudden dump when the tank nears the end? I hate when the tank does that.
Sponsored Links
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Wannabe Guru
Originally Posted by bereninga View Post
Oh, so having the needle valve closed first instead will help prevent that sudden dump when the tank nears the end? I hate when the tank does that.
Don't know about that, it SHOULD slow the release down though. A controller should,in theory, eliminate ETD. I've not had a catastrophic dump yet.

co2 equipment, co2 help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode