The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Help me ID this algae... BGA?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
Originally Posted by Adam C View Post
When was the last time filters were cleaned? What are your dosing, light, and w/c regiments? What does "lots of pressurized co2" mean?
I have a HOB filter with two sponges. I replace just one at a time, whenever I feel like it, probably every 2-3 mths on average.

It's a 10 gal with 40 W CF light, bulb was changed a year ago. Dosing NO3 to ~15 ppm, PO4 to ~1.5 ppm, 1/4 tsp KCl, plus traces as per directions. Sometimes a bit of iron. I admit I'm bad at doing the mid-week dosing, so the nutrient levels do get low, it's my bad. I also have way too many fish, so there's a ton of fish waste. Fish have always been healthy, not a single illness or unexpected death since I've been keeping these fish, over 10 yrs. Lots of plants, including some fast growing ones. Pressurized CO2 is 2 bps, with a sprial ceramic diffuser. I don't have a drop checker in there anymore, but I know that this rate results in a "green" range (and I did use proper 4 dKH water that I made up myself). I just lent my drop checker to someone, that's why it's not in there anymore. Plus, it collects algae and looks ugly.

hope this helps
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome