The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Rusty's 30 gallon Satellite+ tank
View Single Post
post #62 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
Originally Posted by Brian_Cali77 View Post
Looks good but if you want something more narrow, perhaps some Rotala Magenta (macrandra narrow leaf) or Aponogeton crispus 'Red' would fit the bill?

Edit: i guess the latter is hard to come by in the US, so scratch that one.
I think rotala mageta might look too similar to the rotala colorata and rotala macrandra. I'd kinda like a different leaf shape. Aponogeton crispus 'red' is one I haven't even considered. It's not a stem though, is it? I'm kinda wanting something that will form a background bush.

I'm considering alternanthera reineckii but I've kept this one a few times before and the pink color is so intense I'm afraid it won't blend well with the other colored stems I have. I'm also still trying to get the hang of getting the rotala macrandra healthy. It seems when something does get out of whack, it declines in healthy pretty rapidly and takes a while to recover. I just need to make sure I'm staying on top of things and make sure I am always meeting its needs.

The tank looks like a complete mess right now. Lol. There's not really any organization to anything. Hopefully I'll change that before too much longer.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome