The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Can a needle valve upgrade be done on any regulator?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
Those green wires you talk about are just support wires to hold the solenoid in place. It is not a hazard! it keeps the hot solenoid from melting the CO2 tubes! You even talked about this solenoid yourself the 1 that gets hot. I read your thread on CO2. This tank was never designed to impress people nor any thought was put into the layout. It was intended as an experiment to see what I needed to do to grow plants in my horrid water that comes out of my tap. That being said after trial an error I figured out what needs to be done & the tank has started to grow on me Now I am ready for a bigger display since I have the plants down.
I am not sure if this solenoid can be screwed into regulators? Are there solenoids that are inline only? I would have to measure the threads on both reg, & solenoid. Either way it is not important that the solenoid even be attached to the regulator, although if higher end needle valves need to be attached to the solenoid that would be a different story. If it could be attached I would prefer to since it has a cleaner look, but all this stuff will some day be inside a cabinet & it will not be seen anyway. The higher end regulators have attached solenoids which look nicer. My next regulator will have it attached , but for now it is not that important as long as the needle valve would screw directly into the solenoid.
So to answer my question, can I screw a needle valve directly into this regulator if I cannot screw the solenoid first into the regulator first? Sounds like you are saying that the T screws out. Any chance the regulator casing could crack since it is a casting? Thanks again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0499.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	87970  

Last edited by Hardstuff; 02-15-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: More information
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome