The Planted Tank Forum banner

best CO2 diffuser?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ronnie6989 
#1 ·
So I have a DIY Co2 gig going on, sugar and yeast, the diffuser I use right now is a the end of a cheap chopstick. Works okay, makes very small bubbles, however I feel like the diffusion could be better. I was looking at the fluval diffuser which looks kind of like a ladder. I guess the co2 is absorbed as the bubbles climb up the ladder. Anyone have experience on how well it works?

#5 · (Edited)
I used the ladder before.....Do not care for them......Seems like you donot get enough of the bubble to dissolve all the way....I belive in spinning co2 with the water...Check this out

I am using a small power head.......I am still working on it to look better. I am calling it the TORNADO Co2 Injector.
The output at the end is very little or no co2 bubbles exiting my unit and to me means I am dissolving most of the co2 into the water column.

pat pending LOL

Ronnie

#6 ·
I want to change to a different diffuser because a lot of bubble make it to the top of the tank and are thus not getting dissolved. I also want to change it because I need to change the chopstick every two weeks or so because it's such a soft wood that it dissolves and grows slime really well that ends up clogging up all the nice little holes that should be used for co2 ^_^

ronnie...that's pretty awesome! how did you make it?

#7 ·
I used a small power head.......that is one of those dollar store egg cookers that you put in the microwave..... any thing that is round about 2-3 inch wide. co2 comes in on top with the tank water......water exits on the bottom at the hole I drilled......the trick is the top hole you drill is got to be off center so water moves like a tornado .....mine also gets slimmie but does not clog....If you want more help.....just im me pirasha and I will get back to you....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.