The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - ADA Mini M: Iwagumi (56K)
View Single Post
post #109 of (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower
PTrader: (0/0%)
[QUOTE=Xalyx;2532562]I stumbled across that thread last night and it was the most informative thread I've ever read on here. Kept me up to 1 AM even though I had to wake up at 5 AM. I'm also glad you're doing this in college you're just firing me up and making me realize my goals are very possible. When I get into a dorm in Sept 2013 or Jan 2014 the first thing I want to do is a Mini tank. I have big goals for my second tank and I definitely learned from my 55G it's not going to take me tank after tank I want to get it right the second time around.

What's most impressive is the variety of plants and how each individual species has a resounding impact. Sure I could probably do a one species HC, glosso, hairgrass but the combination of plants that you have takes much more skill and the result is simply amazing. I am amazed by how good it looks. I have a little under a year before I'll be in a position to setup something like this anyway, trying to do as much as I can with my 55G while I still can to build up my skills for a Mini M.

Btw, is this the type of diffusser you use?
[Ebay Link Removed]

Maintaining a planted tank in a dorm might be quite challenging. its just my opinion because I'm staying in an apartment outside campus so I don't know how difficult its gonna be. just make sure you plan ahead thoroughly.

I used that diffuser before but now I switch to a diffuser that don't have the suction cup fixed at an angle. That will limit its placement in your tank. its just for aesthetic purpose.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome