The Planted Tank Forum banner

DIY flexable bubble wall *troubleshooting*

9K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  crowndroyal 
#1 ·
I have a bit of extra tubing, so I decided to save me a few bucks and make my own bubble wall. Well.....air only comes out of the 1st hole :/ But if I angel the tubing upward, the air will flow up the tube and through the holes.....

See less See more
#4 ·
Air will follow the path of least resistance much like electricity in this situation, think of it this way: if air can escape it will exit through the fewest number of holes possible. Pin sized holes are the way to go, otherwise air will be able to escape without passing through all the holes

#6 ·
Thanks, I do have a flow valve. The pump I have is rated for a 90 gallon tank and it is running in a 75 gallon.

I think it works better when the holes are pointed downward. I need to get some more suction cups, I'm using most of them right now for plants.

#9 ·
I just used a sewing needle.
When bubbles weren't coming out, I moved to a screw in an attempt to make it a bit larger. Screw didn't work, so I took a bit larger screw. Still didn't work. So I started using the scissors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.