This is Amazing man. How long was the actual build time for this once you had all the supplies need to start? It's really beautiful man.
Build was spread out over a few months. While I was waiting the four weeks for the tank to be built, I built a mockup to get a head start on the hardscaping to test different wood layouts.
Initial design idea.
The four weeks also gave me time to test different plants together in small test tanks and pre growout a few plants that I wanted to use in bulk. Crypts, Staurogyne, mosses, etc. All of the Anubius came out of my 150g that was getting overgrown.
Once the tank was delivered plumbing, electrical, and basic setup for testing took two days. I pre setup the tank for three weeks prior to delivery and final setup to get rid of the tannins, adjust the Anubius, grow out the moss, and test a few Tilly's against circulation. This time allowed the opportunity to dial in the circulation/ventillation system and work out any kinks prior to final setup.
Pre grow out time. Tank was drained of water, sealed, and delivered in this state.
Otherwise the tank was delivered and setup on a Saturday. And the top photo's are from the first day of setup.
I stopped by over the weekend to get a water test, and ... gonna have to wait at least another week for fish. Growth looks great and everything is staying healthy.