The Planted Tank Forum banner

Sphere riparium

6K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  FischAutoTechGarten 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

First of all, I apologise for any potential mistake in my English since it is not my native language.

I have recently established a sphere riparium which is approximately 40 Litre (10 Gallons). I am using Fluval 106 canister filter and DIY pendant light comprised of COB Led with 35 watt power. Above water section, some indoor plants such as Peace Lily, Syngonium and a kind of Maranta species were placed via planters.
No substrate is used, roots are free. Underwater section, there are mostly Anubias species. I would be pleased if you comment. Thank you for your interest and time.

Attachments

See less See more
#13 · (Edited)
I am at work now. I thought that I could put some old photos in coffee break:)
Actually, I was aiming at to set up a high-tech planted tank instead of a riparium at first. Photos below shows my first attempt would be high-tech. However, I got an job acceptance in abroad and I made up my mind. Then, I ended up with the current riparium you see. Let me say the truth, fortunately I could not make it high-tech with this sphere tank because its inside barely appears due to geometry when it is filled with water.

Also you can see some components of my DIY pendant led light in the second photo.

I will post more riparium photos including developments in the following days. Thank you for your interest.:)

Attachments

#14 ·
Wow very lovely set up!
Be careful with peace lily though, some sp. can get 90cm+ tall! But a few peace lily sp. stay short around 30cm.

#18 ·
I love killifish. But I have no idea about their feeding habits or behaviours. what about serpae tetra? I have read that they originally live at the shallow edges of rivers full of roots like we are trying to create with our ripariums. Even I can transform my water to the black water? There is a huge (relative to the water volume) grape branch in water making my water softer.

#19 ·
Hi,

I would like to share some developments and details with you.

1)After one week, a few leaves of terrestrial plants has burned due to direct high level of light. I am using a fan integrated heat sink so I can not say some much heat is emitted. At least I can touch the cover with bare hand.

2) I have added a different species of Fittonia. But, still I am not sure if its texture fits the whole scape.

I will be on holiday for one week. I hope my lighting will not cause any danger. I will adjust it so that there will be two siestas in daytime.

Bump: Some more photos. Some dirt is accumulating on glass due its oval shape. By the way, seachem fluorite is very very dusty...

Attachments

#26 ·
Dear friends,
Here you can find the close up photos. I could not make it vertical. Sorry about that.

I have added 10 neon tetras in total but since I am taking photo at night
they are at rest somewhere at the back. I will photo them later.

I am also uploading a video.

Bump:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.