The Planted Tank Forum banner

3 months later.....

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  tetra73 
#1 ·
terrariumtankupdate by vracing, on Flickr

The tillandisa stricta green is blooming right now. Experienced some died offs with the gold club spikemoss. Strangely, the middle portions are thriving even with a full blast light. Fungus gnats are still under control using combinations of insect tapes and mosquito dunks and neem oil sprays.

See less See more
#8 ·
This was the general layout...

DSC_3482 by vracing, on Flickr

The idea, initially, was to take my orchids out and to water them weekly. The problem was that my orchids didn't like to be moved around too much. I experienced some blasted buds. Whenever I misted, the orchids got wet too when I didn't want them to be misted. I ended up mounting them. Now, I can heavily mist and water them daily and not to worry about a thing. At first, I worry about my blue background. Right now, not so much....:)

#11 ·
Thanks...no...:) I don't like insects much and I don't really want to culture my own flies to feed dart frogs....hehehehe.... The humanity fluctuates a lot from 70% to 90%. And it gets hot in there. On the bottom, the temp is about 82 degree. Closer to the light, is about 86 degree.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.