The Planted Tank Forum banner

Automated mister/fogger

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  lochaber 
#1 ·
Anyone using one?

MistKing comes up frequently in these discussions on vivarium forums, and it does have the appearance of a solid product.

#2 ·
I have a basic MistKing setup on my two 20L emersed grow-out tanks and i love it! It's very quiet when it comes on, and the mist nozzles seem to be high quality. The timer that comes with the set is also fantastic-- it's very accurate and accommodates a wide range of settings. I highly recommend their products!

#4 ·
re: in-tank foggers -- is there anything to those horror stories of leaf damage/bodily harm to above-water fauna? (I've read of warnings to this effect for situations where, e.g., frogs could come into direct contact with the ultrasonic element.)

How frequently do you have them on, and how much water do they go through?

#6 ·
mistking is probably the best mister out there. as far as the ultrasonics, if an animal were to walk directly onto it, it could be bad news, but with planning, they won't get near it. i run my fogge for several hours a day in my mantella tank, and no problems. they actually avoid the fog. never had a problem with the ultrasonic and white's tree frogs either. but i only use my fogger for the effect it give, not for adding humidity to the tank, so it's not on 24/7

#9 ·
It's probably better if you set the fogger/mister up with a separate watersupply, and just use RO/DI/distilled water. otherwise you may clog the nozzles on a mister, and any of these will end up leaving scattered mineral deposits around the tank/glass/etc.

I've heard people claim that using a fogger w/ tank water will spread bacteria, but not sure if this is much of an issue, since the critter will likely be swimming in the water anyways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.